San Jose Shopping Mall Security
1. Staffing and Response
Consider if the company has the manpower and knowledge to handle emergencies. There continues to be a rise in critical incidents at shopping centers both across the city and region. Do they have additional resources that can be quickly deployed? At Atlas Private Security, our vehicle patrol unit and our over 300 employee base can meet and exceed the demands.
2. Reporting procedures
What process is in place for communication? Can you receive real-time reporting and GPS tracking, or are there other types of technology available to you to stay on top of risk management issues? Also, be sure to review the vendor’s incident reporting procedures.
3. Industry-specific training
Providing security for a retail center is different than handling the security for other types of environments. We have shopping center-specific training and that includes:
- Dealing with Homeless activity
- Disaster Response
- Fire Safety Officer (FSO)
- Terrorism Awareness
- Defense Tactics
- Management of Aggressive Behavior
- CPR, AED and First Aid
- CCTV and Command Center Operations
- Workplace Violence Prevention and Response
- Pepper Spray (OCAT) and Handcuffing (PATH) Training
- Organized Retail Crime (ORC) Awareness/Prevention
4. Atlas Private Security adds Value
Consider all of the ways a security partner can enhance your security program from a long-term perspective. Determining the value you will receive from a security partner requires an assessment of how their strategy will reduce risk, limit liability and lower the cost of the entire retail center’s operations – not just the hourly bill rate. While it may be tempting to have an initial-price perspective, a better way to value a spending decision is to look with an eye towards how the provider can help you achieve all of your goals.
5. A customizable and proactive partnership
Before mapping out your security solution, the provider should become knowledgeable about your property, your neighborhood, typical shopping traffic and a host of other important areas so that they can make appropriate recommendations. Their plan should incorporate staffing levels, indoor and outdoor patrols, access points, security procedures, technology integration and other pertinent areas of concern specific to your property.
Client and customer protection is #1
Malls have become a target for criminal and violent activities that range from shoplifting to sex offenses to loitering to vandalism to parking lot robberies. Employing security guards at your mall is a vital method for preventing crime from taking place. By retaining the services of Atlas Private Security, we will be able to report suspicious activities, stop theft from occurring, and prohibit vandalism, child endangerment and other problems symptomatic of a shopping mall environment.
We can enhance your mall’s security through:
- Cutting-edge surveillance technology
- Vigilant security guard patrols
- Tenant and employee escorts
- Response to customer and tenant calls
- Daily written security reports
- Rapid response times to threats
Our guards at Atlas Private Security are properly screened, trained and supervised. When you hire staff from our Bay Area private security company, we will do everything we can to understand the problems inherent to your shopping center. When you retain our services, you can bolster your mall’s reputation and benefit from satisfied shoppers and increased foot traffic. For more information, call our office at (408) 978-9111 today!
Why Choose Us?
- 24 Hour In-House Dispatch
- Instant Tracking Mobile App
- Over 40 Years of Experience
- Live-Scan Services Available
- Thorough Background Screenings
- B.S.I.S. Approved Guard Card Training Center
- We Hire College Graduates, Retired Police Officers & Military Personnel